The mission of KC Scholars is to increase postsecondary education attainment in the greater Kansas City area.
KC Scholars provides the means – through scholarships, financial incentives to promote college savings, and support services – for low- and modest-income students and adults needing access to pursue and complete a postsecondary credit-bearing credential or degree.
KC Scholars provides the opportunity for college for those that likely would not have otherwise attended or completed.
February 26, 2021
You must meet all of the following requirements to apply:
- Be a current 11thgrader during the application cycle;
- Be home-schooled or attend a public, charter, or private high school in the following 6 counties: Cass, Clay, Jackson and Platte (MO) or Johnson and Wyandotte (KS);
- Be lawfully present in the U.S. or DACA eligible and DACA applied/approved;
- Have at least a 2.5 cumulative high school unweighted GPA (5 semesters from 9th grade to the fall semester of 11th grade) or at least a 16 on the ACT or at least an 800 on the SAT); and
- Be considered low- or modest-income. Your Expected Family Contribution (EFC) calculation on the College Board EFC Calculator must be 12,000 or less. The calculation is based on household income, number of members in the family and number of family members that will be in college at the same time. It is the amount of annual financial support a family can be expected to pay toward the student’s college education.