For over 35 years, the Hispanic Development Scholarship Program has invested in our Latino community by providing scholarships to Kansas City-area Hispanic high school and college students. These awards allow Latino youth to accomplish their academic and personal goals. To download our informational flyer click here: Scholarship Informational Flyer
Ready to apply? Visit our Scholarships tab for more information or click here.
Deadline to apply is March 1, 2021 (11:59 pm)
To qualify for an HDF Scholarship, students must:
- Be of Hispanic Heritage.
- Graduating/have graduated from a Greater Kansas City metropolitan area high school or obtain a general equivalency diploma (GED) from a local organization. (The Greater Kansas City metropolitan area is generally defined as Cass, Clay, Jackson, Platte, Johnson and Wyandotte counties.)
- Attend/have attended a Greater Kansas City metropolitan area high school for the last three years prior to graduation.
- Accepted or enrolled in a fully accredited college or university and working toward an associate, bachelor, or graduate degree. (Applicants attending vocational or trade schools are ineligible.)
- Enroll or be enrolled as a full-time student. (A minimum 12 credit hours for undergraduate and 9 credit hours for graduate.)
Scholarship applications are evaluated based on the following criteria:
- Proven academic merit as reflected in GPA and answer to essay question.
- Demonstrated need for financial assistance as exhibited by family's gross income, size of family, and other financial need.
- Demonstrated community involvement as reflected in the application.