The Ron Brown Scholar Program seeks to assist African American high-school seniors who will make significant contributions to society. Applicants must excel academically, exhibit exceptional leadership potential, participate in community-service activities and demonstrate financial need. Scholarships may be used for full-time undergraduate study at accredited two-year and four-year vocational/technical schools or academic colleges or universities. Special consideration is given to applicants whose parents did not attend college, whose parents are United States armed services veterans, who have overcome significant adversity, or who are first-generation immigrants to the United States.
Annually in early January; please see website for details.
- Must be a U.S. citizen or hold a permanent-resident visa card.
- Must carry a minimum cumulative grade-point average of 3.2 on a 4.0 scale (or equivalent).
- Must have an SAT score of 1800 or ACT score of 25.
- Must demonstrate financial need.
- Please contact the Ron Brown Scholar Program for complete requirements.