The Pastor Otis L. Cobbins, Sr. Memorial Scholarship honors a young individual(s) who is furthering their education and exemplifies the attributes of Pastor Cobbins, Sr. These attributes include: honest; integrity; hard working; strong character; love of humanity; servant to community and family; trustworthy; and committed.
February 17, 2020
To be eligible for the scholarship students must be:
1. A graduate of a high school in the five county metropolitan area in Kansas City. This includes Johnson and Wyandotte counties in Kansas, and Clay, Jackson, and Platte counties in Missouri
2. Accepted to attend or enrolled as a undergraduate in a higher education institution for a minimum of 12 hours per semester
3. In good academic standings with school currently attending
Applicants must demonstrate:
1. The qualities and attributes of Pastor Cobbins, Sr. in their community, school, and social life
2. Loving service to family and community
3. Hardworking, dependable, loyal, and committed to family, church, employer, and the community
4. Trustworthy and ethical
5. Financial need
1. In an essay of 250 words, please describe how you demonstrate the qualities and attributes of Pastor Cobbins, Sr. These attributes include: honesty; integrity; hard working; strong character; love of humanity; servant to community and family; trustworthy; and committed.
2. Submit your college letter of acceptance.
3. Please attach one (1) letter of recommendation from one of your high school teachers, counselor or a representative from the school you are currently attending.
4. Attach your second of two (2) required letters of recommendation from a school professional.