The National Restaurant Association Educational Foundation, through the generosity of its donors, provides merit-based scholarships for undergraduate students pursuing degrees related to the restaurant industry. Scholarship awards range from $2,500 to $10,000. Applicants complete one NRAEF application and the application system will match them to scholarship funds they are eligible for after completing and submitting the application.
March 15, 2020 11:59pm (EST)
Interested in a scholarship? Here’s more information on how to apply:
- Check to see if you meet our minimum eligibility criteria first. All scholarship applicants must be:
- Enrolled or accepted as a full time or part time undergraduate student at an accredited post-secondary institution, college, or university for the upcoming academic year
- Majoring in a an undergraduate level restaurant, foodservice, or hospitality-related program
- Plan to be enrolled for at least two consecutive undergraduate terms or on track to complete an undergraduate degree within one term
- Unrelated to any employees or family members of the National Restaurant Association, National Restaurant Association Educational Foundation, any state restaurant association
If you fail to meet any of the minimum requirements above, you may not be eligible for our scholarship.
- Complete our online scholarship application anytime between January 15 and March 15 at nraef.communityforce.com. Our application is hosted online through the CommunityForce application platform.
- If you were awarded a scholarship, you’ll be instructed to complete additional steps to claim your scholarship award. Check our Timeline for more information
1 A Lawful permanent resident is any person not a citizen of the United States of America who is residing in the US under legally recognized and lawfully recorded permanent residence as an immigrant, under USCIS Form I-551, also known as a Green Card.
2A limited number of scholarships are available for Canadian citizens attending school in Canada. For more information, please refer to the DiRoNA scholarship here.