The Giving Hope & Help (GH&H)-Education Is Your Passport Program is a program to provide educational and financial assistance for Pre-K through Adult College Students. This portion of the program (The MCC-Giving Hope & Help EDUCATION IS YOUR PASSPORT SCHOLARSHIP) is designed to benefit low income High School Senior Scholars as well as low income SINGLE PARENTS WHO HAVE NEVER ATTENDED COLLEGE with a FULL RIDE SCHOLARSHIP to MCC-Penn Valley or MCC-Maple Woods. Scholars will be awarded the full-ride scholarship, additional scholarship award opportunities and community service/volunteer opportunities to meet needs and make a difference with Giving Hope & Help initiatives.
- Awarded High School Scholars will receive:
• A brand new laptop computer to aid in educational success
• XL Twin Coordinated Bed-in-a Bag Set for the college dormitory
• Tote of Toiletries and school supplies
• Two $500+ financial scholarship awards will be given: The Alexander Sr. & Cleo McCallop Giving Award and the Neoma Spearman Literacy Award.
• Volunteer opportunities throughout their college career via the Giving Hope & Help organization and partnerships with educational/community organizations.
- All applicants and their families will have the opportunity to attend financial education workshops hosted by UMB Bank.
Thursday, April 30, 2020 at 5:00pm
Qualifications for the MCC - GH&H Education Is Your Passport Scholarship:
• High School Senior with a GPA of 2.5+ on a 4.0 Scale
• Submit two letters of recommendation from a High School Counselor, Educational or Community Organization Leader
• Submit a letter of acceptance on official letterhead from an accredited college or university.(a clear copy of the letter is acceptable)
• Submit Official High school transcript
• Submit proof of LOW INCOME- Attach 2019 Household W-2 or 2019 Household W-2 Transcript.
**Transcripts can be requested at: https://www.irs.gov/individuals/get-transcript
**Low Income Guidelines can be found at https://www2.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ope/trio/incomelevels.html
• Submit a 500-1,000 word Essay on a need(s) in your community and how you plan to give back to meet the needs(s) while in college and beyond to make a difference.
ALL APPLICANTS (whether selected or not) are invited to the GH&H FINANCIAL EDUCATION WORSHOP hosted in partnership with UMB Bank. TENTATIVE DATE: MARCH 14, 2020. Details will be emailed to ALL applicants that apply by March 14th.