Jack Kent Cooke Foundation College Scholars are selected based on exceptional academic ability and achievement, financial need, persistence, a desire to help others, and leadership. A rigorous application review includes analysis of grades, standardized test scores, participation in available advanced courses, student essays, letters of recommendation, and family finances. Each year 30-40 students will be selected into the program.
Annually on Nov. 1; please see website for details.
- Must plan to graduate from a U.S. high school in the spring of senior year.
- Must intend to enroll in an accredited four-year college beginning in the fall following high-school graduation.
- Must carry a cumulative, un-weighted grade-point average of 3.5 or higher.
- Must receive standardized test scores in the top 15%: SAT combined critical reading and math score of 1200 or above and/or ACT composite score of 26 or above.
- Must demonstrate significant unmet financial need (applicants with family incomes of up to $95,000 are considered, however, most scholarship recipients meet Pell Grant eligibility guidelines).