Immigrants Rising’s Scholarship Fund (previously called New American Scholars Fund) provides financial awards to low-income immigrant college and graduate students who live and/or attend school in the San Francisco Bay Area. We provide scholarships of up to $7,000 to cover tuition and other expenses. Scholars are selected for their academic excellence, financial need, and community impact; they are also expected to maintain a minimum GPA (2.8 for college students and 3.0 for graduate students), and participate in ongoing Immigrants Rising’s programming, events, and activities throughout the year.
Yearly. See website for list of scholarships and deadlines
- Financial need
- Do not have permanent residency (green card) or citizenship in the U.S.
- Current or intended enrollment in an accredited college or graduate program for 2018-2019
- Minimum GPA requirement:
- For high school students: 3.3 cumulative high school GPA
- For college/graduate students: 3.0 cumulative college GPA
- Demonstrated academic preparation and community/extracurricular involvement
SAN FRANCISCO BAY AREA RESIDENCY REQUIREMENTS:
You must fulfill at least one of the following:
- Previous or intended graduation from a San Francisco Bay Area high school, or
current or expected enrollment in a San Francisco Bay Area college or university
- We define the San Francisco Bay Area as the following 11 counties: Alameda, Contra Costa, Marin, Napa, San Francisco, San Mateo, Santa Clara, Santa Cruz, Solano, Sonoma, and Yolo.