Hispanic Scholarship Fund General College Scholarships help students of Hispanic heritage to obtain college degrees. These grants are available on a competitive basis to graduating high-school seniors, community-college students, community-college transfer students, and university undergraduate and graduate students.
Annually in March; please see website for details.
- Must be of Hispanic heritage (program objective is to provide financial assistance to Hispanic Americans)
- Must exhibit proven academic merit (as reflected in GPA and answer to essay question
- Must show financial need (as exhibited by family's gross income, size of family, and other financial-need factors)
- Must demonstrate community involvement (as reflected in the application)
- Must be a permanent resident of the Greater Kansas City Metropolitan Area
- Must be accepted by or enrolled in a fully accredited college or university, progressing toward an associate, bachelor, or graduate degree (applicants attending vocational or trade schools are not eligible)
- Must be enrolled as a full-time student (minimum 12 credit hours for undergraduate and minimum nine credit hours for graduate)