Honeywell offers two $5,000 annual, renewable scholarships exclusively for African American students pursuing a bachelor’s degree in engineering or computer science.
Eligible students must graduate from the following schools: Bishop Ward High School, Center High School, Grandview High School, Ruskin High School, any high school that is part of the Kansas City, MO Public School District (KCPS) or any high school in the Kansas City, KS Public School District (USD #500). Members of Big Brothers & Big Sisters and Boys & Girls Club are also eligible to apply.
Students currently at a community college in the greater Kansas City area, pursuing a degree at an accredited 4 – year institution in any of the areas listed below can also apply.
- What is your intended major?
- In an essay of no more than 500 words, please answer the following question. Why does engineering interest you, and how do you plan to use your degree upon graduation?
- In the form of an essay, please discuss what makes you uniquely qualified to receive this scholarship.
- 2 Letters of Recommendation
- 1) Please upload your first reference letter
- 2) Please upload your second reference letter
March 1, 2019
Student eligible for this scholarship must meet the following:
- Cumulative GPA of 3.5 (unweighted)
- African American student pursuing bachelor’s degree in engineering or computer science (mechanical, industrial, electrical, chemical, aeronautical engineering or computer science)
- Must be accepted at a 4-year ABET college or university (Accreditation Board for Engineering & Technology, Inc.)
- Special consideration will be given to students attending a Historically Black College or University
Renewable 4 years if student maintains 3.0 GPA