High Scholastic Achievement Scholarship
Minimum of five (5) scholarships to be awarded
Each year, Xi Tau Omega Chapter awards scholarships to high school and college students for their upcoming academic year. This Scholarship Season, we are offering five (5) scholarships: 1) High Scholastic Achievement Scholarship for graduating high school seniors; 2) Janice L. Perkins Scholarship for students attending the University of Central Missouri; 3) Frenchye C. Taylor Scholarship for students attending Lincoln University in Jefferson City; 4) Xi Tau Omega Undergraduate Scholarship for undergraduate students from the Kansas City Metropolitan area, attending any four-year university in the country; 5) Xi Tau Omega HBCU Scholarship for graduating high school seniors who plan to attend a HBCU.
An evaluation board, comprised of distinguished community members (not affiliated with Xi Tau Omega Chapter), will review and score completed application packets. Incomplete packets will not be evaluated. Scholarship recipients will be notified by May 1, 2020, and recipients will be invited to attend an award celebration in May 2020. Official high school or college transcripts and verification of college enrollment must be provided before awards can be issued.
Tuesday, March 31, 2020 by 11:59 pm CST.
The applicant must:
• be an African-American high school senior, graduating in May 2020 from a school in the Greater Kansas City area.
• have a Cumulative GPA of 2.50 or above.
• be a United States Citizen.
• plan to attend a four-year college or university in the Fall of 2020.
Submit a completed application along with the following documents:
• A personal statement that includes academic status, community service, and educational and career goals (1 page or less, typed, double-spaced, Times New Roman, font size 12) .
• An essay addressing the following question: If you could spend one day with a historical person, real or fiction, who would it be? Explain your choice. What would you talk about and what advice and knowledge would you seek from him/her? (500-words, typed, double-spaced, Times Roman, font size 12)
• A high school resume of activities capturing your high school career. Such activities may include: academics, extra-curricular activities, community involvement, work experience, religious affiliations, offices held, awards, and other scholarships received.
• An unofficial high school transcript.
• Two letters of recommendation from individuals not related to you (at least one must be from a teacher or advisor).