The 2020 Paul Max Service Scholarship awards one scholarship to a student in the Great Plains each year. The scholarship amount is $1,000. The award is intended to help pay for tuition, housing, fees and/or books. Scholarship recipients will be notified of the decision by mid-April. This scholarship is a one-time award and will be mailed to your post-secondary educational institution of choice.
The scholarship application is now open and will close on February 15, 2020.
Students must meet all the following scholarship requirements listed below:
- Be a May/June 2020 high school graduate
- Attend high school/home school in Nebraska, Kansas, or Oklahoma
- Have a cumulative high school grade point average of 3.0 and above (or equivalent)
- Have completed a minimum of 100 community service hours from freshman year to date of application
To apply for the 2020 scholarship:
- Complete the 2020 application form
- Answer the essay question below (500 word maximum)
Describe a specific community service experience. How did the experience affect you? How did it impact your leadership?