The Go-Long mantra is to give of oneself, to live life fully and to never give up. The Go-Long team formed in 2002 when a group of football-loving friends decided to give back to the Kansas City community. Go-Long seeks to enrich the lives of young people who aspired to attend college. Scholarship funds are raised through a yard-work and neighborhood-beautification business, in which 100 percent of all earnings are dedicated to the Go-Long Scholarship Fund. Since 2009, Go-Long has awarded $34,000 in scholarships. In addition, Go-Long volunteers provide scholarship recipients with neighborhood-beautification service projects, which raise funds to fuel the next class of Go-Long scholars. Scholarship amounts vary and are non-renewable.
March 1, 2020
Students eligible for assistance must meet the following criteria:
- Be a graduating senior from a high school located in the Kansas City Metropolitan Area;
- Intend to continue their education through a two or four-year college and/or technical school;
- Demonstrate financial need;
- Continue to attend classes as a full-time student;
- Students receiving the scholarship will be expected to complete at least 8 hours of community service when they receive the award.
Scholarships will be awarded on an annual basis and disbursed in equal payments in August and January. Scholarship amounts may vary and are non-renewable.
The deadline is March 1st.
- Maintain a 2.5 grade point average (or equivalent); and
- Submit a scholarship application on a form provided by the Greater Kansas City Community Foundation.