The Give Back program is dedicated to providing scholarships and mentoring to students who’ve faced adverse challenges during their youth—such as the incarceration of a parent, homelessness and foster care.
In Kansas, during your ninth grade year:
- SEPTEMBER – NOVEMBER 2019 Attend a mandatory information session.
- COMPLETE THE GIVEBACK ELIGIBILITY CALCULATOR BY NOVEMBER 30TH, 2019
- We partner with Kaleidoscope to help families understand if they are Pell Grant eligible. This form is best completed with the student and parent/guardian (if applicable) together and will ask for tax information from 2018. CLICK HERE TO BEGIN/CONTINUE THE GEC.
- COMPLETE THE GIVEBACK SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION BEFORE FEBRUARY 28TH, 2020
- If your household meets financial eligibility requirements, Giveback will ask you to complete an online application which will include report cards, essays and letters of reference.
- APRIL 2020
- If you are selected for further consideration, Giveback will schedule an interview at your high school.
- MAY 2020
- Applicants will be notified of the scholarship committee’s final decision before summer break.
Saturday, November 30, 2019
To qualify for the Give Back scholarship program:
- Students must show that they can meet a weighted GPA standard of 3.0.
- Eligible for a full Pell Grant.
- Factors contributing to eligibility include household income and family size.
- Part of our application process includes a tool that will help applicants understand their Pell Grant eligibility.
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: 913.215.9211 Address: 401 S Main St., Suite 7 Ottawa, KS 66067