At An Education Abroad, we know better than most the importance of understanding cultures around the world. Our entire business model is predicated on it, but more importantly, so many of the world’s issues require cultural understanding to even begin to move forward in finding solutions.
That said, education isn’t cheap.
Therefore, we are thrilled to announce a $2,000 scholarship to encourage students to explore the world around them.
April 1, 2019
Here’s what you need to know:
- It can be applied at any regionally accredited college or university in the United States, or (because this is us, after all), any university around the world that receives US Federal Student Loans (sorry, we can’t be financing study in Pyongyang!).
- High school students (not just seniors!), current college students, prospective graduate students, and current graduate students are eligible to apply. The contest is limited to US citizens and permanent residents living in the 50 United States, DC, or Puerto Rico.
- To enter, send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- A 1,000 word essay explaining why global perspectives matter (word limit strictly enforced!).
- A 250 word personal statement explaining why an international perspective is important to you, and how that is evidenced by your educational past and/or plans for the future (word limit strictly enforced!).
- We prefer that you submit these as one PDF document with your full name as the file name.
- Applications are open now and close April 1, 2019. We’ll announce a winner on or around May 31, 2019. Funds will be dispersed as two payments, one in the fall semester, and another in the spring semester. Proof of enrollment will be requested (in case a high school student wins, we’ll put the money in a safe place with your name on it!).
- Winners agree to allow their submissions, in part or whole, to be used by us for promotional considerations, as well as their likenesses.
- All entrants agree to receive periodical updates from us, both about the scholarship and about studying abroad. We will never sell or loan your information.
- Applications will be judged by a panel made up of both employees and non-employees of An Education Abroad.