The Educational and Charitable Foundation ("ECF") is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, which supports community services, educational programs, and philanthropic priorities. This $10,000 nonrenewable scholarship is competitively awarded to African-American female students (U.S. citizens only) pursuing degrees in medical disciplines from an accredited medical school in the United States.
How to Apply
The Scholarship Committee will only review completed applications that contain the following documentation:
• Typed scholarship application form submitted electronically via email only to
• A copy of your curriculum vitae.
• Essay responses to each of the following topics outlined on page three of the application.
• An official/current medical school transcript.
• One (1) letter of recommendation from a medical school professor and one (1) personal recommendation.
February 23, 2019
• Applicant must be an African-American female.
• Applicant must be a student in an accredited medical school making satisfactory academic
• The scholarship winner or a designee must attend the ECF Annual Book Signing Awards Program
on Saturday April 6, 2019 in Springfield, VA and provide a one to two minute acceptance speech. Failure to attend the awards program may result in forfeiture of the scholarship.