The Kansas City Zoo is a wonderful place for teens to experience animals and connect with nature and their community in meaningful ways. The zoo offers two age-appropriate, yearlong volunteer programs designed to be fun and educational while empowering teens to take greater roles in their community. This is a tremendous opportunity for teens who are considering a course of study in animals/biology, education or not for-profit enterprises.
- Must be enrolled in grades eight through 11 at the time of application
- Must complete, in its entirety, the application packet
- Must be self-motivated, friendly and outgoing
- Must like being outdoors in any kind of weather
- Must care deeply about people, animals and nature
One year (Varies)
Kansas City Zoo internships are handled through the employment link on the zoo website, and those positions are posted on that link. Some internships are paid positions, and others are not. The zoo accepts a limited number of interns each year. Please visit the employment link for more information.